Like so many others, Board Member Teeda Tangprasertchai Stiles has been working at home for the past month. Here are her 5 tips on navigating working with a pet in the home:
- Gradually modify your pet’s routine to accommodate your meetings and breaks in the day ⏰
- Make sure to play, walk, and cuddle with your pet! She may want more attention now that you’re home all day. Stay tuned because later this week we’ll share tips on how to have a safe socially distant walk. 👟
- Consider pet-safe puzzle toys to keep your pet busy, especially during those most important meetings. Teeda’s dog loves a “lickimat” with peanut butter as a treat! 🥜
- If you don’t live alone, get your family & roomies involved! Kids can play with pets and keep busy for some portions of the day so you can focus on work.
- Remember, be kind to yourself. Teeda says, “We’re all on meetings where kids interrupt, and my coworkers have definitely heard my dog whining. It happens, and it’s okay. We’re all learning to live in this new normal together.” 🙂
Pictured here: Penne taking over Teeda’s office chair.