The Palo Alto Humane Society’s library features valuable information found at different Web sites and in original reports and papers addressing issues related to animals. Click the links to access the information online and download the papers. Or, if you prefer, you can visit us and read the reports in our office.
EWE TUBE: A PAHS ORIGINAL COLLECTION
- Click Here for an original collection of informative videos, interviews and more by PAHS.
COMPASSION – PALO ALTO HUMANE SOCIETY NEWSLETTER
PAHS ISSUES IN DEPTH
- In the Saddle: A Publication of the Palo Alto Humane Society for Horse Owners and Equine Enthusiasts
- Legal Beagle: A Publication of the Palo Alto Humane Society for Attorneys and the Clients They Serve
- Control of Homeless Cat Populations: California Humane Coalition Position Paper
- Cat Overpopulation Problem at a Glance: Non-Lethal and Non-Punitive Solutions
- The Moral Standing of Animals by Olga Lenczewska
- The Moral Difference Between the Treatment of Domesticated Animals and Wildlife by Olga Lenczewska
- The Discussion Around the Legal Status of Animals by Olga Lenczewska
PAHS SPECIAL REPORTS
- Airlines and Animal Safety
- It’s a Small World After All: Living with Urban Wildlife (En Español)
- What Do Dogs Want? (En Español)
PAHS DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AND AFTER
- Disaster Preparedness reports on preparing for natural and other disasters
- Takeaways from the 2018 Wildfires by Kasper Halevy and the Animal Advocacy Club of the International School of the Peninsula Middle School, a report on the fires and organizations and agencies that intervene to help.
ISSUES WITH A LIGHT TOUCH
- Sex & the Kitty: To spay or not to spay? A comic by William Warrior
ANIMAL-RELATED PAGES CO-AUTHORED WITH WIKIHOW
- Moving with Pets: 10 Tips for Success
- Make a Pet Resume For Your Furry Friend (Printable)
- Pet Resume Guide
- It’s All of Your Bees Wax—Swarm and Bee Colony Rescue
Bees’ lives are saved and the bees are released to new beekeepers
Located in Redwood City, CA
Call (650) 250-4787
- WildCare Solution Service
PETS: ADOPTION, CARE, AND COMMITMENT (PACC)
Learn about pet adoption and the responsibilities of pet care through a series of videos produced for PAHS by Girl Scout Ambassador Kristen Benz for her Gold Award.
PET CARE MANUALS
Written by Kasper Halevy in collaboration with the middle school Animal Advocacy Club at The School of The Peninsula, these manuals offer insights on caring for our most common and popular pets, dogs, and cats. PAHS thanks Kasper and the club for their commitment to helping animals and the activities they promote to do so.
Cat Owner’s Manual (in the works!)