The Palo Alto Humane Society’s library features valuable information found at different Web sites and in original reports and papers addressing issues related to animals. Click the links to access the information online and download the papers. Or, if you prefer, you can visit us and read the reports in our office.
EWE TUBE: A PAHS ORIGINAL COLLECTION
- Click Here for an original collection of informative videos, interviews and more by PAHS.
COMPASSION – PALO ALTO HUMANE SOCIETY NEWSLETTER
- 2015 AUTUMN EDITION
- 2017 SUMMER EDITION
- 2019 SUMMER EDITION
- 2019 HOLIDAY EDITION
- 2020 SPRING EDITION
PAHS ISSUES IN DEPTH
- In the Saddle: A Publication of the Palo Alto Humane Society for Horse Owners and Equine Enthusiasts
- Legal Beagle: A Publication of the Palo Alto Humane Society for Attorneys and the Clients They Serve
- Control of Homeless Cat Populations: California Humane Coalition Position Paper
- Cat Overpopulation Problem at a Glance: Non-Lethal and Non-Punitive Solutions
- The Moral Standing of Animals by Olga Lenczewska
- The Moral Difference Between the Treatment of Domesticated Animals and Wildlife by Olga Lenczewska
- The Discussion Around the Legal Status of Animals by Olga Lenczewska
PAHS SPECIAL REPORTS
- Airlines and Animal Safety
- It’s a Small World After All: Living with Urban Wildlife (En Español)
- What Do Dogs Want? (En Español)
PAHS DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AND AFTER
- Disaster Preparedness reports on preparing for natural and other disasters
- Takeaways from the 2018 Wildfires by Kasper Halevy and the Animal Advocacy Club of the International School of the Peninsula Middle School, a report on the fires and organizations and agencies that intervene to help.
HELPING SHELTER AND RESCUE ANIMALS DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
- Grassroots Lifesaving for Citizens Protocol from American Pets Alive!
ISSUES WITH A LIGHT TOUCH
- Sex & the Kitty: To spay or not to spay? A comic by William Warrior
ANIMAL-RELATED PAGES CO-AUTHORED WITH WIKIHOW
PETS: ADOPTION, CARE, AND COMMITMENT (PACC)
Learn about pet adoption and the responsibilities of pet care through a series of videos produced for PAHS by Girl Scout Ambassador Kristen Benz for her Gold Award.
PET CARE MANUALS
Written by Kasper Halevy in collaboration with the middle school Animal Advocacy Club at The School of The Peninsula, these manuals offer insights on caring for our most common and popular pets, dogs, and cats. PAHS thanks Kasper and the club for their commitment to helping animals and the activities they promote to do so.
LAWS PROTECTING ANIMALS
PAHS thanks Amelia, a student in the Kellytown Reading Groups’ animal welfare, rights, and advocacy project, for her research about animal protection laws. The site she recommends discusses current and applicable state and federal legislation protecting animals.
Read Kasper Halevy’s community service project for the International School of the Peninsula Middle School focusing on the harsh reality of puppy mills and the actions we as animal lovers can take to avoid supporting them as well as what has been done to date to outlaw them.
ISSUES FOR PARENTS
MAKING YOUR HOME PET FRIENDLY
SENIORS AND PETS
ADOPT FROM SHELTERS AND RESCUE GROUPS
ISSUES FOR PEOPLE WHO LIVE WITH PETS
WHAT YOU CAN DO WHEN YOU MOVE WITH YOUR PETS
- Moving with Pets: 10 Tips for Success
- Make a Pet Resume For Your Furry Friend (Printable)
- Pet Resume Guide
TAKING PETS TO WORK
TRAVELING WITH PETS
- Pet Travel Safety Tips
- Everything You Need to Know About Traveling Internationally with Your Dog
- Guide to Traveling Internationally with Your Pet
- 7 Tips for Driving with Your Dog
UNDERSTANDING PET HEALTH INSURANCE
WHAT TO FEED A SICK DOG SO THEY’LL FEEL BETTER?
TIPS TO AVOID YOUR CAT’S STOMACH UPSETS
PLANTS AND YOUR PETS
POISONOUS SUBSTANCES AND YOUR PETS
BEES OR OTHER CRITTERS IN YOUR YARD OR AT HOME?
- It’s All of Your Bees Wax—Swarm and Bee Colony Rescue
Bees’ lives are saved and the bees are released to new beekeepers
Located in Redwood City, CA
Call (650) 250-4787
- WildCare Solution Service