Can’t Afford A Vet Bill For Your Pet?
Apply For pet help
PET Help provides financial assistance for people facing unmanageable veterinary expenses for their pets. We pay directly to veterinarians only and do our best to help as many pets as possible.
- Residents of these cities will be considered: Redwood City, Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, East Menlo Park, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose.
- Animals must be spayed or neutered.* If not, you must have your animal sterilized as soon as healthy enough and provide us with proof this has been done.
- Owners must demonstrate a financial need for assistance. Each case is assessed on an individual basis.
- Before applying to us, please pursue financial assistance from Care Credit (www.CareCredit.com).
- If the estimated expenses are unusually high, and unless an emergency is involved, we may ask you to apply for additional grants from other nonprofits. (We will provide guidance.)
- We cannot provide funding for routine treatments such as vaccinations, fleas, worms, general wellness visits, and bills already incurred.
* For information on low cost or free Spay and Neuter, click here.
For veterinary help with feral cats, managed colony cats, rescued un-owned stray cats and dogs, please contact us for information about our Animal Rescue Fund (not for pets.)
To Apply For Pet Help
- Complete the application.
- Attach any vet records you have.
- Attach one or more photographs of the animal.
Email to: PAHS@paloaltohumane.org
Or mail to: P.O. Box 60715, Palo Alto, CA 94306