CAN’T AFFORD A VET BILL FOR YOUR COMPANION ANIMAL?
Apply for Pet HelpEN ESPAÑOL
PAHS provides financial assistance for people facing unmanageable and urgent veterinary expenses for their pets. We pay directly to veterinary clinics and do our best to help as many animals as possible.
- Only residents of these cities can be considered: Redwood City, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose.
- Animals must be spayed or neutered.* If not, you must agree to have your animal sterilized as soon as healthy enough and provide us with proof this has been done.
- Before applying to us, please apply to Care Credit or ScratchPay. You must show proof to us if you are declined by either of these veterinary credit programs.
- You must provide evidence of financial need for assistance. Please submit a copy of last year’s tax filing and two months of bank statements, along with a statement of income. Total household income must be no more than twice the federal poverty guidelines (see chart below**.)
- Our help is intended for life-threatening or life-compromising injury or illness. We do not provide funding for routine wellness exams, vaccinations, parasites, bills already incurred, or conditions that can be postponed while you raise funds.***
If you meet all of these requirements, click the button below for our Pet Help APPLICATION.Complete Application Now
You may complete the application online by clicking the button above or you can download the application here and
email to: email@example.com or
mail to: P.O. Box 60715, Palo Alto, CA 94306 Or call 650-424-1901
For veterinary help with feral cats, managed colony cats, rescued un-owned stray cats and dogs, please contact us for help via our ANIMAL RESCUE FUND (not for pets.)
* For information on low cost or free spay and neuter, click HERE.
*** If estimated expenses are unusually high, we will ask you to consider a more financially practical option (amputation instead of reconstructive surgery, for instance), and to apply for additional grants from other non-profits. CLICK HERE for list.