CAN’T AFFORD A VET BILL FOR YOUR COMPANION ANIMAL?
APPLY FOR “PET HELP” BELOW, or or contact Susan Stienstra, Community Outreach Manager, at email@example.comEN ESPAÑOL
PAHS provides financial assistance for people facing unmanageable and urgent veterinary expenses for their pets. We pay directly to veterinary clinics and do our best to help as many animals as possible.
- Only residents of these cities can be considered: Redwood City, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose.
- Animals must be spayed or neutered.* If not, you must agree to have your animal sterilized as soon as healthy enough and provide us with proof this has been done.
- Before applying to us, please apply to Care Credit or ScratchPay. You must show proof to us if you are declined by either of these veterinary credit programs.
- To apply, please submit:
- Personal Identification (Driver’s License, State-issued ID card, Social Security Card)
- Proof of low income (Social Security, disability records, unemployment pay stubs, 3 months payroll stubs, etc.)
- Photographs of your animal
- Our help is intended for life-threatening or life-compromising injury or illness. We do not provide funding for routine wellness exams, bills already incurred, or conditions that can be postponed while you raise funds.***
If you meet all of these requirements, fill out the PET HELP APPLICATION below, or download the application (PDF format) here, print, complete and sign, and
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: P.O. Box 60715, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
For veterinary help with feral cats, managed colony cats, rescued un-owned stray cats and dogs, please contact us for help via our ANIMAL RESCUE FUND (not for pets.)
* For information on low cost or free spay and neuter, click HERE.
*** If estimated expenses are unusually high, we will ask you to consider a more financially practical option (amputation instead of reconstructive surgery, for instance), and to apply for additional grants from other non-profits. CLICK HERE for list.