WE’RE STILL UNDER A HEAT ADVISORY!
Temperatures continue to soar, and pets are in grave danger. If you see a pet in a parked car, even with the windows “cracked,” take action to save the animal’s life! Here’s what the State of California allows:
This person will not be criminally liable for actions taken reasonably and in good faith if the person does all of the following:
- Determines the vehicle is locked or there is otherwise no reasonable manner for the animal to be removed from the vehicle;
- Has a good faith belief that forcible entry into the vehicle is necessary because the animal is in imminent danger of suffering harm;
- Contacted a local law enforcement agency, the fire department, animal control, or 911 prior to forcible entry;
- Remains with the animal in a safe location, but close by until emergency responders arrive;
- Used no more force than necessary to enter the vehicle and remove the animal; and
Immediately turns the animal over to a representative from law enforcement, animal control, or another emergency responder.
Click Here for Legal Guidelines