Make a Difference
- Ways to Fund Our Work
- Reasons to Donate to PAHS
- Become a Partner
- Gift Cards
- Matching Gifts
Be an Angel... make a difference.
Make a Difference
There are countless ways you can make a difference for animals in our community.
Financial contributions continue to be our greatest need and our great help. Donations allow us to staff our HelpLine, create and manage humane programs, speak on behalf of critical animal issues, affect public perceptions and action, save animals’ lives through emergency veterinary funding, fund spaying and neutering to prevent increased overpopulation and subsequent euthanasia in animal shelters, and save human-animal bonds through veterinary assistance to those unable to afford it.
Easy Ways to Fund our Humane Work
- Join your employer's Matching Gift Program.. See details on our Matching Gifts page.
- Donate a car! Simply complete this Online Car Donation Form.
- Make one-time or reoccurring contributions through JustGive.
- Give a Humane Ambassador Gift Card in lieu of birthday or holiday gifts. Details here.
- Leave an estate gift to PAHS. Bequests and estate gifts provide PAHS the necessary stability for our humane work to continue into the future. Gifts can be provided for in a will or during the donor's lifetime. Contact PAHS or your financial adviser to discuss.
- Become an annual donor at one of these life-saving levels:
- Become an “Angel”. Learn more about our Angel Club here.
- Shop at our Animal Art Gallery! 30-100% of all proceeds directly fund our programs.
- Shop at Mollie Stone’s. Download and complete this form for Mollie Stone’s to donate 5% of your purchases to PAHS.
- Shop at Kepler's Book and Magazines. Mention us at the counter and we earn 10%!
- Use Good Search as your default internet search engine. Choose PAHS as your charity of choice.
- Shop Good Shop online. Choose PAHS as your charity of choice.
Benefactor - $200-$499
Advocate - $500-$999
Compassionate Giving - $1,000-$4,999
Circle of Life - $5,000 or more
Your financial contributions are 100% tax deductible.
Reasons to Donate to PAHS
There are countless reasons to give to our organization.
For a century, PAHS has a proven record of creating programs to meet community needs.
Become a Partner
- Sponsor us by underwriting one of our fundraisers or educational events.
- Collaborate with us next time you or your company plan an event.
- Donate advertising space in newspapers and magazines.
- Donate graphic design and marketing services.
- Donate professional photography services.
- Create a short film or videotape an expert interview on an important issue impacting animals.
- Donate unique animal-themed artwork to sell in our fundraising Animal Art Gallery.
- Donate vegetarian or vegan catering services for PAHS' fundraising events.
- Contact our gallery Curator to host an animal-themed student art show.
- Become a "Humane Ambassador". What are you doing on behalf of animals? How can PAHS help?
- Do you have land? Partners are sought to create an advanced hands-on humane educational facility.
- Donate cat food (this is the largest need for the local feral colony managers-rescuers who we help).
- Partner with us on an event, fundraiser, or educational opportunity in your area.
- Donate blankets or towels (none are needed at this time).
- Donate cat litter.
- Donate pet carriers.
- Donate clean pet beds.
- Donate scratching posts and toys.
- Donate dark plastic pet food bowls with flat bottoms.
If you wish to work at a shelter, are at least 16 years old and will commit to working a minimum of 6 months, please contact Palo Alto Animal Services at (650) 496-5971.
To become a temporary foster parent to a rescued animal, please apply directly to friend organization Peninsula CatWorks.
This Volunteer Application contains a list of current volunteer needs for the Palo Alto Humane Society. Take a look and, if anything looks interesting, please complete and return to us!